Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Liberated from my Hair

While on a week long vacation in the Caribbean I discovered freedom from worrying about my hair.

Yes. I don't have to worry about my hair, the horses hair nor the manufacturer of synthetic hair.  There will be no more hiding behind wigs or weaves.

Finally decided to go natural and by making that decision I was able to get in the pool and go to the beach and emerge my entire head under the water.

African American women who have chemicals, weaves and wigs feel uncomfortable doing that. By swimming in the pool or beach that would mean having to style the hair all over again.  There's a lot of work that goes into styling processed hair and weaves. So a hairstyle may have to last a long time so women of color may feel restrained from enjoying a nice swim.

I am truly not my hair and I am overjoyed about it.

I am NOT my hair ~ India Arie
She was absolutely right about that statement.

Loving the skin I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment